Author Topic: Hi from So CA!!!  (Read 1350 times)

Kandrews

Hi from So CA!!!
« on: October 12, 2010, 03:54:45 AM »
I am so excited that I found this forum!! Finally, a group of cheese addicts I can quiz and pick the brains of!!  ;D

I am pretty darn new to making cheese! I've done a couple soft cheeses-  mozzarella, ricotta (OMG who knew that the stuff I was paying through the nose for was made from cheese waste!!! Ricotta is usually twice as expensive as cottage cheese!!) and cottage cheese- and now I'm almost ready to move on to the big stuff.... hard and mold-ripened cheese!!!!

My dream is to have some land so that I can have a couple goats, but for now I'm "stuck" in So California-(whann whann  ::) on the coast a few minutes from the beach about half way between LA and San Diego). But I think I'm a country girl at heart! I'm lucky enough to be able to get away with my 3 chickens- Thank goodness for good neighbors! But I don't think they would put up with goats!!

I've always loved eating cheese! I would rather have a good brie, blue or chevre then chocolate any day (although a good dark chocolate might tie an OK brie ;) ) And I am beyond excited that I can make them now!!! I can not wait until my first wheel of brie! It will be just like Christmas- only better, because I will be able to eat it!!

I am so excited and looking forward to your input on all my future adventures in cheese!!!!

FarmerJd

Re: Hi from So CA!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 03:56:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum. This is the best place to learn. Lots of helpful folks here. Good luck. :)

Cheese Head

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 10:42:03 AM »
Welcome Kandrews . . . I made a chocolate Light Cream Cheese once using store bought chocolate cow's milk, OK not dark chocolate . . . next cheeses are more difficult, have a great adventure!

Tea

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 08:32:08 PM »
Good morning Kandrews and welcome to the forum.

Helen

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 09:32:39 PM »
Hi Kandrews!

I am also a SoCal girl and I have to say I am envious of your chicken. I don't think my neighbors would be as accepting as yours  :-\

KosherBaker

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 01:40:44 AM »
Wow all this time I was the only person south of like Santa Barbara. Finally I have some company. Sheesh. Welcome to the forum to both of you. This forum is indeed amazing. Or I should say forums, as the forum is made up several subforums. I've been enjoying reading the archives of each one and learning a whole whole lot.

BTW I'm in Santa Monica/WLA area.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 08:42:53 PM »
Welcome aboard K!

I amd many others here share your dream or one similar. Keep going and ask questions as the come to you someone will be along to answer them.