Author Topic: Camembert - Paste, Soft Outside & Hard Middle  (Read 10733 times)

Bishop

Re: Camembert - Paste, Soft Outside & Hard Middle
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2011, 01:48:45 PM »
Hi Brie,
       sure is interesting, amazing how subtle changes can make a big difference.

Hi Iratherfly,
       the plan now is to try and change the tide and make good ones more often ;)  Anyhow, to your Aroma, Flavour and Texture question, I've never had to put cheese quality into words before, to be honest its been a struggle!  But I'll do my best so here goes.

The aroma has a very soft mushroom smell about it, the lovely Strong creamy culture smell has all but gone.
The Flavour is very mild at first as the paste has a very pannacotta texture about it, as the cheese warms in the mouth I get a stronger mildly sharp flavour that quickly moves to a rounder flavour with a creamy note to finish. 
As i said I can only think of Pannacotta to compare the texture of the past, its very consistent throughout the body of the cheese, the rind is subtle and supports the cheese as opposed to many of my previous batches the heavier rind almost intruded on the cheese. 

or

As most of my work collieges said when trying this cheese for the first time on Thursday "wow it actually tastes like cheese?  I like it"   ??? I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or insult lol

iratherfly

Re: Camembert - Paste, Soft Outside & Hard Middle
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2011, 10:44:19 AM »
Your description sounds very proper! (better than "tastes like cheese") sounds like a perfect camembert!