Author Topic: Trinity Acres Micro Dairy  (Read 10376 times)

Jason M

Re: Trinity Acres Micro Dairy
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 01:12:00 AM »
Justin, I'm sure you've done your homework but just in case, check out http://www.ullmers-dairyequipment.com/

They have TONS of equipment for a home dairy.

Offline steffb503

• Catskill Mts, NY State, USA
  • Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 11
    • M & S Farm
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »
First step would be to contact the Dept of Agri in your state.
I am not allowed to store any of those things in the house, they must be able to inspect at will.
The requirements are all up to the inspector, size, location and floor drain are part of most state regulations.

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 02:36:33 PM »
FINALLY!!!! Some encouragement !!! THANK YOU . AND BE LOOKING FOR THE POSTING. Planning on having it up and running within a year. Hopefully ! If you know how to put me in contact with anybody in the buisness I'd appreciate it  thank you

An old thread, but just came to it via the "moved" info in new threads. Justin, I say this with no intent other than compassion; sincerely.  I'm compelled to say it, because of personal experience. 

PLEASE listen to Francois - he knows what he's talking about; he's got the serious technical chops and the extraordinary, real world experience to back it up. 

If you've not done something like this before (sorry if I missed this), well...not trying to preach, just adding in my $0.02 from a guy who worked 20 hour days, gave everything he had to a vision, only to see it, and along with it, his family's livelihood and peace for the next several years, die. 

It takes its toll, and I can't express the feeling of watching your vision die its slow death; the countless, sleepless nights, the despair of watching the inevitable come slowly down.

Francois was not posting anything to discourage you; I can aver, he was saying what he was saying only from the truth of experience.  Again, not preaching, or not trying to, anyway...just concerned that another human being is about to enter into something that cannot be reversed easily or well, once done.

Your enthusiasm is good, and necessary, for any enterprise; you'll need it in oceans'-full, as I'm sure you know.  But I think that sometimes the flush of enthusiasm can tend to obfuscate what a cold, hard set of realistic pro-formas and feasibility assessments are telling us, blankly, in the face.

Take it for what you will, friend, and if you do continue to go with it, then all the best for good fortune.  Please, just consider what's been said (from Francois) as good counsel, not discouragement, per se.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 04:45:26 PM by ArnaudForestier »
- Paul