Author Topic: Hello from a French lost in New England (Groton, CT)  (Read 970 times)

pinkcell

Hello from a French lost in New England (Groton, CT)
« on: November 18, 2010, 09:27:52 PM »
Hi

I'm French from Nice (south east). I'm crazy about food and all about home made so I recently started cheese making. I found many good info here and I thank all the people sharing their ideas, comments and solutions.

I already bought many ingredients from cheesemaking.com and thecheesemaker.com. I also ordered some molds. I'm still looking for a good press cheap and without any PVC to buy. My DIY skills are rather limited so I have to stick to something already made.

So far I did a tiny mozzarella, some fromage blanc, faisselle (less grainy than cottage cheese) some demi-sec cheeses (well drained cheese for 5 days and salted everyday for 4 days) give a very good cream cheese.

My goal is too make crottins, camembert, brie, reblochon, concaillotte, gruyere, raclette (this may be very tricky I guess). Sorry i focus a lot on french cheeses as I grew up with them and I'm less interested in others (they are good but not my favorites).

zenith1

Re: Hello from a French lost in New England (Groton, CT)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 10:26:28 PM »
Hi Pinkcell and welcome to the forum. What made you choose Groton, your not into subs are you? Make no apologies about the kind of cheese that you want to make, they are all good and I'm sure that you are like the rest of us and want to eat and make the one that you like.

pinkcell

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 11:16:56 PM »
Nope not into subs. I'm a scientist at Pf...

Cheese Head

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 11:26:02 PM »
Hi pinkcell, welcome to the fun!