Author Topic: Lipase - British Supplier?  (Read 7144 times)

Vaca

Lipase - British Supplier?
« on: November 19, 2010, 03:28:15 PM »
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and have been searching for cheese making suppliers in the UK. I have found many by searching through google and by searching the posts on here, but I haven't been able to find someone who sells lipase at a reasonable price. The only supplier I found was Moorlands Cheesemakers but their prices (on everyting) they sell on their website is ridiculously expensive. 2oz of lipase sells for £16.50 plus delivery! I don't know the actual cost of this in the UK, but in the US I've seen web sites selling 2oz for $6 or so.

Has anyone else found them to be extortionate? 12L Stainless steel buckets for £80 when professional kitchen suppliers sell the same bucket for £25?

Any help would be appreicated.
Thanks

Vaca

Cheese Head

Re: Lipase - British Supplier?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 07:15:15 PM »
Hi Vaca, US is great for low prices, maybe it's worth paying the extra shipping.

Our list of supplies is here, several in UK but don't know who has Lipase, also several in Europe.

berrys66

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 02:32:24 PM »
Shipping for a 2oz Lipase from the USA to UK using thecheesemaker.com is $2, so much cheaper to buy from there than Moorlands. It works out at about a third of the price with current exchange rates: $10 rather than £21.

berrys66

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 11:23:40 AM »
Just to let any UK resident cheesemakers know ...

I've ordered some of this from Steve at Cheesemaker with a view to making Manchego soon. Total cost, including shipping from USA to UK was £5.12 for 60g (exchange rate as of 11th Feb). So this works out at quarter the price of buying it in the UK.

milkybar kid

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 07:57:32 PM »
Just to say, i recieved my lipase today, from the same source, postage costing £2!!!
Unbelievable. It's hard to move a 2oz package round britain for that type of money, well done, brilliant service,FYI, i e-mailes GN Supplies in the uk, they hope to have it shortly.

Salilah

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 10:07:08 AM »
GN Supplies does now stock Lipase - they are an ebay store at http://stores.ebay.com/smallfarmsupplies
I've bought other stuff from Bruce, and the customer service is excellent!! 
S

klschnepp

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 06:28:24 PM »
Moorlands can supply just about anything a home cheesemaker needs and they do have lipase.  http://www.cheesemaking.co.uk    I really recommend them -- nice people, good service.