Author Topic: Faisselle: what culture?  (Read 8363 times)

sadenis

Re: Faisselle: what culture?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 01:03:07 PM »
Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but I found it when I Googled "faisselle".  I am just back from a long overdue trip to France and am much in need of recreating the cheeses I had in France.  Where we were there were many fresh cheese (yogurt, Greek yogurt, Faisselle) from sheep's milk!
I wanted to let you know, if you are still in Connecticut, that there is a dairy farm in Canterbury, CT called Baldwin Brook that sells raw cows milk.  As it is Connecticut, this milk is also available in nearby CT grocery stores too.  Milk is sold on the honour system, unless the owner is around.
$4.50/half gallon in plastic.
$6.59/half gallon in returnable glass bottle.  $2 extra is the deposit for the bottle.
Sarah, Wakefield, RI

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 01:15:55 PM »
Sarah, welcome to the forum! I don't recall anyone else from Rhode Island on the forum, but certainly plenty of folks in the larger region.

By the way, my last name is Wakefield -- but as far as I know, we don't have any relatives up that way. :(
-- Andy

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 02:43:38 PM »
I am just back from a long overdue trip to France and am much in need of recreating the cheeses I had in France.
Perhaps Reblochon, Fourme d'Ambert, Pont l'Eveque?

Welcome to the forum, Sarah. Looking forward to seeing the results of your efforts.

There is another Rhode Island member on the forum...george(MaryJ). She's quite a character. :)

You might go over to the Introductions page and post a little about yourself.

-Boofer-

Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.