Author Topic: Equipment and milk: the good spots  (Read 3330 times)

pinkcell

Equipment and milk: the good spots
« on: November 20, 2010, 09:57:16 PM »
Hi

I recently found Adam's restaurant equipment in Norwich, CT which sells all the item from cheesemaking.com at the same price and even lower. They also carry all the cultures.

Adam's restaurant equipment
727 Boswell Avenue
Norwich, CT 06360

Buying from cheesemaking.com or thecheesemaker is nice because with the cheapest shipping I get my stuff in 2-3 days.

For the milk, cow: pandora's box, goat: beltane farm. They sell raw and pasteurized

Pandora's Box
209 West Thames Street
Norwich, CT 06360-6838
(860) 887-4501

Beltane farm
59 Taylor Bridge Road
Lebanon, CT 06249-2426
(860) 887-4709

For goat milk it's 8$/quart pasterurized and 10$/quart raw. Paul is very nice and also makes cheeses (log and chevre). They have a tasting every sunday between 11 and 3PM

For the cheese cloth: Jo Ann craft store, 36"x6yds for 6 bucks

For the plastic box for ripening my cheeses: family dollar

For the sushi mat: 3 bucks at New asia market, 646 Long Hill Rd, Groton, CT 06340. I know thay are sold at 1 doll in canada but can't find them cheaper here

Hope this post will help. Please add any other good place in the area or in CT

pinkcell

Re: Equipment and milk: the good spots
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 11:55:39 PM »
erratum: it's 8s/ for half a gallon not a quart.

What I called Pandora box it's actually Ginger root: http://gingerrootstore.com/ they just moved to taftville.

I will try Brush Hill dairy in Bozrah as they have raw milk for 6$/gallon.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 04:44:07 PM »
I tried to get into Adams last weekend they closed at noon. I didn't know the were open again they closed about 10 years ago. Nice to see tey are back.

If you like the milk they sell at Pandora's and want to by it in bulk (your own containers)Mavis at Baldwin Brook  Farms is their supplier and is over run with milk right now. I have been buying her milk for a few years now. She just had 3 more calves and I have no more room for cheese. She is in Canterbury and also a real nice lady. Tell her Debi sent you!

pinkcell

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 04:47:52 PM »
good to know thanks for the tip. I have to give it a try.

The opening hours of Adams are not practical for people working. I think they close at 5PM during the week and they close at 1PM on saturdays, closed on Sunday. Looks like French hours! ;-)