An update to this little runt of the liter, at least for me. A 2 pounder...LOL I left it in a frig in the garage with the power off as it's been cold. We've had some heat so not cold all the time, but the shop never gets that warm this time of year.
Just to remind you I wrapped this in a cheese cloth bandage smeared with lard. The lard, from what I've read, was supposed to inhibit mold growth, well it might have worked see the pics below before reading on.
My question is what should I do, in my opinion is looks beautiful, I don't know why it just does. There is definately some penicilium roquefoti and Penicillum Candidum on it. The bamboo mat it was resting on was covered with blue mold I could have scraped off more than comes in a pack for $30. When I pulled the cheese off it mold dust flew into the air everywhere, thank god it was outsideish.
So I'm definately not tossing it, I love the way it looks, but my question of what should I do is geared toward should I keep it in this vacuum container with all the air sucked out? Should I put it in a bigger container with a humidity pack? I HAVE to keep it in some container so it doesn't contaminate everything and it's be in my cave.