Author Topic: New Waxing tool.  (Read 8828 times)

Baby Chee

Re: New Waxing tool.
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2009, 08:16:02 PM »
Only been 6 weeks since I got into it and made my first cheese, but I can see this will become a very present hobby in my life.  If it was easy to get betters molds and followers, I'd up cheese content with each session. 

I'd love to have a 7.5" diameter mold that was 15 inches high or more, and make 20 lb. cylinders that could fit into the wax dipper...  cheese is an obsession, now.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 12:01:14 AM »
Very nice invention Wayne! Beautiful wax job. I may try this wax thing again sometime. I get it all over my kitchen though.

Nice improvement Chee!

Quesa

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 06:31:22 PM »
Compare your waxed cheese with mine!

:(

I think brushing is overrated. I'll try a hanger next time.

:)

scubagirlwonder

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 10:22:46 PM »
That is a truly ingenious tool, I have got to figure out how to duplicate that to fit with my current wax pot! My cheeses have been coming out nicely, but wow, look how beautiful they could be! All smooth and perfect.... ;D

coffee joe

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 09:31:01 PM »
Inventions are cool. I made a setup from SS welding rods similar to the origina coat hanger version above. Works great for the top of the cheese but I get big drips on the bottom that I can't ever seem to get out right.
Looking for a way to get the top and the bottom at least similar!

ColdCoffee

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 06:09:59 AM »
Off topic(and WAY after the fact):

I like how there is a carboy full of wine in the background of Wayne's apparatus picture. Very classy! Wine and cheese were made for each other!

Groves

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 05:43:52 PM »
I can see a couple of options.

#1 Pre dip the tool so the bolt heads are already covered in wax, or even better...

#2 Place some scrap wax pieces on top of the bolt heads and when you set the cheese down the weight will keep them in place. The hot wax dip will melt them sufficiently to join them to the whole.

wharris

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2010, 12:53:43 AM »
Off topic(and WAY after the fact):

I like how there is a carboy full of wine in the background of Wayne's apparatus picture. Very classy! Wine and cheese were made for each other!

Why thank you.  That wine is now in an oak barrel and will be bottled and ready to consume in 12 months.

Baby Chee

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2010, 04:04:28 PM »
I think brushing is overrated. I'll try a hanger next time.

Bluntly, honestly: BRUSHING SUCKS.

I brush my giant goudas and the crap gets all over sooner or later.  It's on a plate which is then hell to clean, and little splatters are on the stove top and side of fridge and floor, etc.  All of it is hell to get off.  I gotta get a titan pot and dip the giants as well... I just hate how long wax melting takes to avoid burning.  Maybe my next goudas will be olive oiled, aside from by Blueda with mold skin.