Author Topic: 3 week Limburger  (Read 2592 times)

gasblender

3 week Limburger
« on: December 08, 2010, 05:36:56 PM »

susanky

Re: 3 week Limburger
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 12:04:45 AM »
Looks good!  I don't know that I've ever tried Limburger.  But I've had some requests.  So may try making it eventually.  Let us kow how it tastes!
Susan

gasblender

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 03:29:56 PM »
One was cut today. Tastes greate :)

pinkcell

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 06:46:53 PM »
I never tried this cheese before but it looks so yummy on your pictures. What kind of mold/moulds did you use? where di you find them? thanks

mtncheesemaker

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 06:53:31 PM »
Those look gorgeous!
I have a batch (first attempt) that is 5 weeks old, but DH wants to let it keep going to get really ripe.
How strong is the taste?
Pam

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 07:22:11 PM »
That is some great looking cheese! Does it stink? That's one of thse cheeses you either love or hate - no in between. I almost got talked into making this a few years ago but thnakfully I visited a cheese store in Wisconsin and got to smell it first. I could NOT eat this cheese. Even though a double wrap of foil and plastic it made my stomach turn! Smells like baby vomit!

gasblender

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 06:24:07 AM »
2 pinkcell
According to the recipe from the first post I had use LR and PC HP6. You can find them: "thecheesemaker.com" or "cheesemaking.com".
2 Pam
To suppress DH try to wash the rind with 10% brine. I'd use this after Linuxboy's recommendation and the attempt was sucсessful.
This cheese is also 5 weeks old now and it's taste is moderate strong and real yummy :)
2 DeejayDebi
For me it smells :). Moderate strong & pleasantly. I think that to use therms "stink" or "smell" depends of individual preferences.
But here is ont moment: instead of parchement & foil i use "Cheese Wrap for Washed Rind Cheeses" from NECSC.

gasblender

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 07:42:22 AM »
10 weeks.