Author Topic: Pneumatic Cheese Press For Sale  (Read 11891 times)

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
Pneumatic Cheese Press For Sale
« on: December 18, 2010, 10:36:12 PM »
Here is one of my 8 inch cheese presses for sale. It's a new version and can handle a mold up to 9" outside diameter. This one is discounted from the normal $500 as it's RAM on the pneumatic cylinder is 1" shorter than normal. But in all honesty that makes no difference unless you're making a real short cheese, then you just use a spacer block; it's no big deal at all. This is ready to ship next week as I'm waiting for one part to come in. The price is $399.00 NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING, which should be $30-$45 at the most. Read further to see what the features are of this amazing press.

This is the only cheese press on the market that keeps a constant and ACCURATE Pressure while pressing the cheese. All those presses out there that use springs to press cheese are worthless. One, a spring does not provide a consistent pressure as it expands, meaning as the spring expands the amount of force diminishes, plus most of the instructions for those presses say 'so many turns equals so many pounds of pressure' well that's just wrong. A spring is not an exacting instrument.

My press uses a pneumatic cylinder and you can dial in the exact pressure you need and it will stay that EXACT pressure no matter how far the ram is extended. Plus when you dial in the pressure on the PSI gauge you will know exactly how much force you are exerting.

This press comes with everything show and a detailed instruction sheet explaining everything you need to know to setup and use this press; plus a chart that explains pressures. The only thing this press doesn't come with is an air source. As this uses pneumatics (air) it needs an air source to push the ram. What you need is either a cheap air compressor or an air tank (a portable tank used for filling car tires), which are not expensive. An air tank for example can be had for $25 on Amazon with free shipping and a small air compressor, which is good for more than the cheese press such as filling car tires and blowing the dust off of electronic and camera equipment, can be had for $67 on Amazon also with free shipping.

Some of the new features of this press is it's ability to lay flat when not in use. If the platen is unscrewed, two screws, it can be slid in between cabinets so it's out of the way.

If you are interested please email me or call. Thanks

Carter Raff
carter.raff@gmail.com

Kurt3628

Re: Pneumatic Cheese Press For Sale
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 11:13:33 PM »
I recently had a fire at my farm and need to rebuild everything.  I normally do 50 gal batchs.  What have you got for me?

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 11:19:57 PM »
Well I make custom cheese presses all the time. Just tell me the size mold you want it to hold, how many you want to press at a time and I'll give you a price. Check out this thread for the Professional Stainless Press I just made for a customer. http://cheeseforum.org/forum/index.php/topic,5701.0.html

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 07:24:56 PM »
This is still for sale, any offer will be considered.

Spoons

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 02:08:33 AM »
Hi Carter,

I'm looking at different air compressors but I don't know how to calculate the pressure the compressor can deliver with your cheese press. For instance, the cheap model I'm looking at says "100 PSI max". How does that translate to with the press you're selling?

KosherBaker

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 04:57:29 AM »
Hey Spoons.

For the air cylinders you have two things affecting the pressing weight calculation. Here's the formula I got from one of the threads here:

Weight Applied = Measured PSI * (3.14159 * cylinder radius squared) Cylinder diameter is called Bore.
Example for 3" Bore Cylinder: 10PSI * (3.14159 * 1.5 * 1.5) = 71lbs

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 05:30:19 PM »
Each size cylinder has what's know in the industry as a 'Force Factor' for the cylinder; on this press, 2 1/2", the Force Factor is 5. Then all you do is take the PSI of the air from your compressor and multiply it by the force factor. That's all there is to it.

I.E. 10 PSI Air Pressure x 5 Force Factor = Pressure of 50; which is equivilant to 50 pounds of weight on the cheese.

A 100 PSI Compressor will give you 500 pounds of pressure.

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 02:59:36 AM »
Still for sale will consider offers, anybody.

artguy

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 05:51:32 PM »
Are you still making any of these?