Author Topic: Upgraded Website & Added Google Adverts @ Dec 2008  (Read 4383 times)

Offline Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 40
    • CheeseForum.org
Upgraded Website & Added Google Adverts @ Dec 2008
« on: December 27, 2008, 03:21:41 PM »
Last winter's holiday season I bought CheeseForum.org domain name to build a website about Cheese and to have a Forum for people to talk about Cheese because when I searched Google for Cheese Forum I couldn't find a good one.

Since then I've spent most of my time making cheese and in the forum talking about it, to the neglect of the website. Thus I have spent sometime over the current holidays increasing my programming skills and upgrading the website's:

While the adverts are discrete as they are on right side and similar color/appearance, I realize they are contentious. While building CheeseForum.org is a hobby, not a commercial business for me, there are ongoing costs of software, hosting server space, and domain name fees. The reason for the adverts is that I'm hoping a few of you (members and guests) will click through and use them and I'll make a few $'s/month to offset those costs.

Hope you understand, like the new look and contents . . . any recommendations, please advise, John (Cheese Head).

Offline Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 40
    • CheeseForum.org
Re: Upgraded Website & Added Google Adverts @ Dec 2008
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 11:05:23 PM »
One month anniverary of Google Adverts on website, made total of USD4.77 as of today. Almost pays for webhosting service :).

saycheese

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 11:07:28 PM »
Thank you for producing this forum.  I was very happy to find it.

Cheese Head

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 01:27:22 AM »
Thanks saycheese, your are welcome, it's a labor of love ;D, nothing about making money.