Author Topic: Vermont Cheese!  (Read 2527 times)

LMBS

Vermont Cheese!
« on: December 30, 2010, 04:13:21 PM »
Hey! I know this isn't the intro area, but my name is Brad and I'm new to this Forum. I work for Lexus Magazine and it's admittedly weird that there is an mention of Vermont Cheese in a car magazine, but it's part of the lifestyle section.  Highlighted within the post Von Trapp Farmstead's Oma; Manchester, a goat's-milk cheese from Consider Bardwell Farm; and cave-aged cheddar from Orb Weaver Farm are highlighted. I've never had Vermont cheese, but it sure looks good!

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
Re: Vermont Cheese!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 04:26:44 PM »
Hi Brad - welcome, from another new member, and thanks for the Vermont farmstead info. Used to live in Londonderry, really loved Vermont (actually, the whole area...prior to that, Berkshires, lived in Edith Wharton's home...the whole region is so gorgeous, and so replete with artisanal producers).  Von Trapp - as in the family, from Sound of Music?

FYI - the Lexus link doesn't seem to be working, at least not for me.
- Paul

LMBS

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 01:49:37 PM »
Hey- Sorry about that! Yes it is the same Von Trapps from the Sound of Music, Great-grandson to be more specific. That is outlined in the article too. The pictures of the area do look AMAZING. here is a more direct link to the article: https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/magazine/content.do#:/pub-share/magazine/html/Lexus-Lifestyle/From-Field-to-Table.html

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 02:07:26 PM »
Cool story, Brad, thanks.  Would love to take my family around those haunts - really, such a beautiful area.  After my time with Shakespeare & Company, before settling in VT, took an extended autumn road trip through upstate NY, CT and MA - couldn't believe the number of beautiful little hamlets dotting the area, each of them offering a bounty of local produce and artisanal products.  I suspect much has changed, but keep some small hope you can still find that "Norman Rockwellesque" feel, at least in places. 
- Paul