Author Topic: CFO Website Changes  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
CFO Website Changes
« on: January 02, 2011, 06:15:17 AM »
John,

I truly thank you for all your hard work and diligence, but I feel I must inform the King that he does indeed have no clothes.

The recent changes and inclusion of the Wiki seem to have obfuscated parts of this cheese world. When, say, you click on "Equipment", "Cheese Coagulating", you get a menu of seemingly unrelated items(Wiki:Thermometers, Vats, Weigh Scales, pH Meters). Better examples are found in the "Defects" tab, where the result reflects what the user clicked on.

Just an observation....

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

Cheese Head

Re: CFO Website Changes
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 11:35:27 AM »
Thanks but eek, no clothes!

? ? ?, correct when you click on Equipment > Coagulating you get a list of articles on equipment that is primarily used in coagulating phase of making cheese. When you click on second option Equipment > Forming you get a list of articles on equipment that is used in that phase and same with third option Equipment > Aging.

If you click on Making > Coagulating you get a set of Articles on common steps in coagulating phase of making cheese.

tnsven

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 01:28:09 PM »
Boy, I'm gone for a couple of weeks with lots of company and come back to this! Haven't looked around much but you sure have been busy, John! Nice job!

Kristin

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 01:39:40 PM »
I guess I was playing Devil's Advocate for newbies. My perspective was that it wasn't entirely intuitive. However, as a somewhat seasoned Forum'r  ??? , I can deduce where I need to go, and, I think I'll go there before you tell me to.  ;)

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

Cheese Head

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 04:12:58 PM »
Boofer, good point, linuxboy had the same comment, so on the top menu I added a button called WIKI which lists and links to all the Wiki Articles todate in somewhat logical order, hopefully new cheese makers find that.

The new website homepage is dynamic showing latest articles (which do not have to be about making cheese) so that it stays fresh, versus old website's static homepage. Hopefully some people posts some articles as that is what the new system is meant for :)!