Author Topic: A hello  (Read 1951 times)

Jessica_H

A hello
« on: January 08, 2011, 06:38:09 AM »
I thought I should finally introduce myself  ;)

I've had so much fun playing with cheese and asking questions!  But a heart I'm a horse girl.  I ride and train horses for a living.  As a result I've found lately that I enjoy hobbies and experimenting with items that don't SEEM to have a mind of their own...though I'm pretty sure my 3 cheese aging downstairs each have their own personality.

I hope to make a few more hard cheeses and then delve into some soft cheeses.  I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest and I'm lucky to have access to local raw milk.

Thanks again to all of you in advance for your help in exploring this new endevor.

Cheese Head

Re: A hello
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 01:27:12 PM »
Hi again Jessica, nice intro, I grew up in Vancouver BC but now live in Houston, still miss the San Juans & Oregon Coast.

Have fun here!

zenith1

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 03:12:09 PM »
Hi Jessica and welcome to the forum. I am ashamed to say I have yet to visit that area of the country, but I know it is beautiful.

FarmerJd

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 07:31:54 PM »
Glad to have you aboard. I live with 4 "horse girls" so I know what you mean. The "cow" boys have them outnumbered on our place though. ;)

Jessica_H

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 09:09:27 PM »
Small world John, I'm in Bellingham.

My horses have taken me to 42 states and I still think the Pacific Northwest is one of the most amazing places in the world.  8)

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 09:52:11 PM »
Hi Jessica -

I love your corner of the world...brother hailed from Kennewick area, and I spent some time in WA while in the Navy.  Welcome to the forum!

Our son is just getting back into riding training - saddle seat.  I love horses and rode as a kid, but afraid my spine health hasn't cooperated over the last few years, and I'm limited to watching....but kudos to you for what you do, a wonderful occupation.

Paul
- Paul

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 04:21:10 AM »
Welcome, Jessica.  Greetings from Parkland, WA!

You are lucky to have access to raw milk.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

Jessica_H

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 07:07:06 AM »
Boofer - more small world stuff.  I grew up in Puallup and my better half went to PLU so I spent a bunch of time while he was in college down there as well.  I like Bellingham better I think though  ;D