Author Topic: New cheesemaker.  (Read 1052 times)

sastalnaker

New cheesemaker.
« on: January 08, 2011, 06:53:39 PM »
Hi,

I wanted to introduce myself. I am something of a serial-hobbiest, usually centered around food. I am an avid cook and food maker. I've made my own yeast carbonated Gingerbeer, I have a great home-cultured sourdough starter with which I make bread, and I have recently become intrigued with cheesemaking. I have made paneer, but until now that has been the extent of my adventures into cheesemaking.

I am stupidly happy this morning because I just cut open my first attempt at a Camembert, and was met with a super creamy oozing center that tasted really good! The rind suffered a bit, mostly on the outer edges, from issues with maintaining a stable humidity in the aging container, but the pate is quite good. Needless to say I am very happy with the results and excited about expanding my cheese skills.

I've been browsing the forum during this initial foray, and found the group wisdom to be very helpful. Thanks for the site.

FarmerJd

Re: New cheesemaker.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 07:28:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum. :)  Nice looking cheese.

Cheese Head

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 08:48:53 PM »
Howdy Scott, welcome, nice looking cam, congrats!

Good people and posts are wahat makes it great (plus keeping the spammers and trolls out).

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 03:18:56 AM »
Welcome, Scott. Congrats on your cam.

It's good to have another Washingtonian here. I'm across the mountains from you, but years ago I spent some time in Yakima.

Looking forward to reading of your cheese making exploits....

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.