Author Topic: Hi! New cheese maker in Alabama  (Read 2344 times)

39chicks1cow

Hi! New cheese maker in Alabama
« on: January 17, 2011, 01:01:01 AM »
Hi!  I am new to cheese making.  I have a Jersey that I milk twice a day.  We are really enjoying our fresh milk- about 2 gallons a day.  I have been making sour cream, yogurt, cream cheese, and more with great success.  My problems are in my hard cheese.  I stumbled across this forum and I'm very excited!  I can't wait to learn from the people that are out there actually making great cheeses!  I would love to be able to make all our cheeses.  We eat lots of cheese, and it would be very fulfilling to make it! 

We are a homechooling family with 2 Jerseys, about 39 chickens, 3 dogs, 2 kids, and 1 husband.  I think that about covers it all.   ^-^

Jennifer

zenith1

Re: Hi! New cheese maker in Alabama
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 01:25:37 AM »
Howdy Jennifer and welcome to the forum. You are going to meet a lot of nice people here and will find all of them very helpful in your quest of cheese making.

tnsven

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 09:46:25 PM »
Hi Jennifer,

We're a homeschooling family with 2 Jerseys, more like 50 chickens, 4 dogs, 5 kids, a husband, and some sheep thrown in too. Just north of you in Tennessee too. I think you'll do fine!

Hop on over to one of the hard cheese topics and post your problems. Lots of knowledgeable folks about.

Kristin

Cheese Head

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 09:56:27 PM »
Welcome, there's a set of Wiki Cheese Making Articles on the website if you are new to cheese making including one called Recommendations For New Cheese Makers, have fun!

FarmerJd

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 12:55:18 AM »
Hi Jennifer, it's great to have another Alabamian on the forum. We are a homeschooling family of 3 milk-cows, endless chickens, a pig until Monday ;) , 10 kids, a border collie, two cats and a wife. I live in south Alabama, where are you?