Author Topic: I'm making Stilton right...oh Crap I'm making Blue  (Read 11123 times)

Likesspace

Re: I'm making Stilton right...oh Crap I'm making Blue
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 01:55:21 AM »
Carter.
That looks perfect. You did a great job smoothing the surface and you should start seeing a brownish wrinkled rind form within 2 - 3 weeks. I just pierced my Stilton this evening so hopefully within a couple of weeks I can crack it and see if the magic happened.
And Cheese Head......I know what you mean about the wife and kids.
Even after my brother proclaimed my first Stilton "The best cheese he has ever tasted", my wife and kids still wouldn't even give it a try.
Oh well, I'm still nibbling away on that first cheese. I should finish it up just about the time this next one is ready.
Great job Carter. You'll really be happy with this in another month or so.

Dave

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 02:54:21 AM »
Really? That sucks, it's like a pug to some people they're ugly, P.S. Those people suck, and to normal people cute as hell.

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 07:00:40 PM »
Here is a high quality close up pic of the aging cheese. I don't think my camera renders the colors exactly. When you look at this cheese in person the blue is very blue like the blue in the bottom center of this pic.

http://www.smokeproductions.com/Stilton1.jpg

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 08:54:44 AM »
The stilton is looking beautiful. The blue mold is starting to turn greyish and it's starting to wrinkle like brains, weird. It's starting to look like Dave's.