Author Topic: wanna be amature...  (Read 989 times)

Tobiasrer

wanna be amature...
« on: January 22, 2011, 04:40:21 AM »
Hi! I have been reading up on making cheese for some time as I would love to try making cheese!
I live in Central Alberta Canada, and LOVE cheese, But was recently diagonosed with Crohns and have trouble with Dairy products, so have to be careful when and how much I consume  :(
I would like to say you all seem amazing and I am so glad I was recomended to this forum because there is sooo much great information and there seem to be so many helpful people!

smilingcalico

Re: wanna be amature...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 05:41:05 AM »
The more you read here, the more you'll become obsessed with this hobby.  May I suggest jumping in and making cheese, then have a cheese party? At least then you can taste your cheese, and hopefully won't have any left to tempt you when you shouldn't be eating it?  Your friends will love you for it!

Cheese Head

Re: wanna be amature...
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 12:37:08 PM »
Hi Tobias, I'm from Vancouver but spent many years in Caroline > Rocky Mountain House > Red Deer > RMH > Calgary > Olds > Calgary and now live in Houston. My wife is from Calgary, with her family originally from Granham to S of Calgary.

Tough luck with Crohn's, my sister in law has it but in remission after ileostomy many years ago.

I'm with smiling, just go for it, some ideas for new cheese makers in the Wiki Articles.