American Science and Surplus - decent for lab gear (No, no connection!)

Started by ArnaudForestier, February 02, 2011, 12:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnaudForestier

I'm just playing around in this neck of the woods, and wanted to post a link to American Science and Surplus, if anyone wants some autoclavable glassware at a decent price.  I used them for a lot of stuff, when setting up a microlab.  Basically, a generic of Pyrex.  I autoclaved the %&^$^% of the stuff, never an issue.  Other than that, for pipettes, etc., I believe (I'm going on memory), I used to get some sterile, glass pipettes from YCKC

Just an fyi, folks. :)
- Paul

MrsKK

Hey, there's a LOT more out there than just pyrex!  Even if I never buy anything from them, I got about ten minutes' entertainment value just tooling around their website. Thanks!

ArnaudForestier

You bet, Karen.  Yeah, the place is a gas...all kinds of weird odds and ends.  Don't miss much about living in a bigger city, but this was one of them.
- Paul

Chris_Abrahamson

I'll second Arnaud's comments.  When I lived outside Milwaukee, spending a few hours wandering around their retail store always kept my kids entertained

ArnaudForestier

I love the internet for these things too, Karen.  But gotta tell you ... something about just walking in and picking up arcane little bits of other bits was...well, a profoundly elegant way to waste an entire afternoon.  Right, Chris? ;D
- Paul