Author Topic: American Science and Surplus - decent for lab gear (No, no connection!)  (Read 1750 times)

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
I'm just playing around in this neck of the woods, and wanted to post a link to American Science and Surplus, if anyone wants some autoclavable glassware at a decent price.  I used them for a lot of stuff, when setting up a microlab.  Basically, a generic of Pyrex.  I autoclaved the %&^$^% of the stuff, never an issue.  Other than that, for pipettes, etc., I believe (I'm going on memory), I used to get some sterile, glass pipettes from YCKC

Just an fyi, folks. :)
- Paul

MrsKK

Re: American Science and Surplus - decent for lab gear (No, no connection!)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 02:38:04 AM »
Hey, there's a LOT more out there than just pyrex!  Even if I never buy anything from them, I got about ten minutes' entertainment value just tooling around their website. Thanks!

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 05:48:05 AM »
You bet, Karen.  Yeah, the place is a gas...all kinds of weird odds and ends.  Don't miss much about living in a bigger city, but this was one of them.
- Paul

MrsKK

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 03:52:18 PM »
Hey, that's what the Internet is for!

Chris_Abrahamson

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 04:18:03 PM »
I'll second Arnaud's comments.  When I lived outside Milwaukee, spending a few hours wandering around their retail store always kept my kids entertained

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 10:06:46 PM »
I love the internet for these things too, Karen.  But gotta tell you ... something about just walking in and picking up arcane little bits of other bits was...well, a profoundly elegant way to waste an entire afternoon.  Right, Chris? ;D
- Paul