Author Topic: Provolone Valpadana Cheese Making Video  (Read 3599 times)

chilipepper

Provolone Valpadana Cheese Making Video
« on: January 19, 2009, 04:14:55 PM »
Here is an excellent video with English subtitles showing the process of making Provolone Valpadana Cheese.

I find it very interesting how they use the different rennets for their different degrees of flavoring and styles.  I think I may have to give it a try. :)

Tea

Re: Provolone Valpadana Cheese Making Video
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 08:11:20 PM »
Thanks Chilipepper, that was interesting.  A shame though they didn't show the making procedure a bit more though.
I tried to make mozz again yesterday, and for the third time in a row it didn't work out.  Strangely the only thing I can think is different is when I use the fresh raw milk it is a success, but when I use the store bought I can't get it to make up.
I have made this successfully on a number of occassions, so frustrated that I am not having success.

chilipepper

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 10:01:04 PM »
Tea, that is a shame... does the recipe you are using for store bought milk call for both calcium chloride and citric acid?  How much rennet are you using?  I've used only store bought milk for my Mozzerella and it worked very well every time.  It is very curious why you can't get yours to set?

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 01:09:23 AM »
Is it a 30 minute one or all day?