Author Topic: Kiwi cheesy  (Read 2203 times)

Julz

Kiwi cheesy
« on: January 02, 2009, 02:43:38 AM »
Kia ora!  (means 'hi' here in New Zealand).  My name is Julie and along with my guitar, music and knitting (not to mention family) I love cheese.  I have found a local who sells raw milk at a decent price which I then pasteurize and attempt to turn into something edible... so far I have made feta, have a brie ripening, and attempted mozarella which didn't stretch and got turned into another feta instead. 

You will see me any forum that is for the utterly confused.  No one in Wanganui to teach it so I watch a lot of youtube for ideas!

bundy

Re: Kiwi cheesy
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 04:12:41 AM »
Welcome Julz you came to right place for information
top people
Bundy

brent

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 04:55:41 AM »
hi julz welcome fellow kiwi ;D ;D ;D

brent

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 07:00:05 AM »
tell me julz how have you gotten on getting hold of rennet i haven't yet found a supplier locally(wellington) ?????

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 10:40:44 PM »
Welcome, lots of Kiwis here lately.

Tea

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 07:46:14 PM »
Good morning Julz and welcome to the forum.  I think you will find that a lot of us are self taught.  Excellent that you have a source of quality milk too.  That is something that is almost impossible for most people to get.   Keep us informed of your adventures.

Michelle

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 09:13:08 PM »
Hi Brent

With regards to rennet you can buy it in most supermarkets in the fridge section.  I just bought a bottle in New World last week and that's in small town Taranaki.  Surely they sell it in Wellington!

Unless you are trying to get hold of vegan rennet?  In that case have a look at Katherine Mowbrey's website, she has supplier details for NZ.

I know this post is old, so you may have already found the rennet you are after...

Cheers,
Michelle

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 02:34:06 AM »
Kia ora Julie! There are quite a few threads with mozzarella isses these days. Maybe you will see what went wrong.

PeterNZ

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 05:29:03 AM »
tell me julz how have you gotten on getting hold of rennet i haven't yet found a supplier locally(wellington) ?????

You can contact me if you like and I am sure I can help you!

Cheers

Peter