Author Topic: Mozzarella - How Increase Flavour  (Read 1396 times)

tnbquilt

Mozzarella - How Increase Flavour
« on: February 15, 2011, 04:02:42 PM »
I can make the fresh mozzarella now. It took a few tries but I can do it. If I buy mozzarella at the store, the kind that you shred for pizza's, it has a stronger flavor than fresh, and it appears to have been pressed. I want to know how to get that kind of cheese as well. I see wonderful uses for the soft, fresh, mild flavored mozzarella, but I would like a little aged flavor to it, and be able to shred it for my home made pizza's.

Even typing this sounds odd, but it is obviously two different cheeses, and I can't find anything about it on the internet. I know somebody is going to say "Why would you want to age mozzarella?" I just want something with the stronger flavor that I can shred for my pizza.

I love making cheese! I can't wait to fill up my new cheese cave with a variety of cheeses to sample next fall.

tnbquilt

Re: Mozzarella - How Increase Flavour
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 05:08:11 PM »
I found a mozzarella recipe with a little buttermilk added to it. Maybe that is all I need to do for a little stronger flavor. The last time I made it I used lipase, and thermophilic culture, and citric acid and the flavor was good, but a little mild. Maybe if I use lipase and a little buttermilk it will be closer to what I am thinking of for pizza.