Author Topic: One small step to being able to buy Raw Milk in Canada  (Read 1694 times)

Offline pliezar (Ian)

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 11
  • Ian
One small step to being able to buy Raw Milk in Canada
« on: February 24, 2011, 01:13:54 AM »
Currently it is illegal to purchase Raw Milk in Canada (unless you have a cow share in Ontario), there are some farmers in Edmonton that are looking to launch a constitutional challenge about it.  It is sad that it has come to this but....

Here is the link to the news item on Global National's website and the news article

http://www.globalnational.com/video/index.html?releasePID=kd3oGejbbp8TdvBRKKEeLENMs6fyc4_0

zenith1

Re: One small step to being able to buy Raw Milk in Canada
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 01:26:37 AM »
they need to keep applying the pressure in a constant and informed way. One which is based on cold logic and THE FACTS. Hopefully the government will see the benefit of allowing it even with some regulation.

Offline pliezar (Ian)

• Mature Cheese
  • Ian
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 02:09:20 AM »
I find it odd that it is ok for a farmer to drink raw milk if it is so evil and full of badness.  You can some times purchase raw milk for your "Cat" but not for you.  I think I have to name my Vat..Cat.

My mother grew up and a dairy farm in Quebec and she does not like to drink store bought milk, though she has found a 1 % in her city that she says almost tastes like milk, but she says the other stuff tastes burnt.  I unfortunately have never had raw milk, but I would like to have the choice and not be treated like a criminal in doing so.

Oh the raw milk extends to goat and sheep milk too.

zenith1

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 04:11:52 AM »
Just to throw some fat on the fire....

MrsKK

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 04:41:13 PM »
I'm pleased to see that the new administration in Wisconsin has authorized a study into raw milk and it benefits as well as potential dangers.  Hopefully we will be able to get a raw milk bill signed this time around.

Offline pliezar (Ian)

• Mature Cheese
  • Ian
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 12:32:24 AM »
Judith Johnson and Henry Pudlow's court case in regards to them selling Raw Milk  resumes on the 23rd of March and Micheal Schmidt will be in town for their support and speaking at the Edmonton Slow Food meeting.  I wish i could go, but I work that night.

There are more people showing their support and a Raw Milk Dairy in the BC Lower Mainland is launching a constitutional challenge too.