Author Topic: Cotswold no 3 is a success!  (Read 119 times)

Offline Justifiedgaines

• Young Cheese
  • Cheeses: 3
  • Default personal text
Cotswold no 3 is a success!
« on: August 14, 2016, 09:27:30 AM »
About four months ago I started making my first cheeses. I decided to go with a Cotswold since I can't buy it where I am currently and miss it from when I was little. I ended up making three Cotswold wheels as a way to get the hang of cheesemaking. I lost no 1 shortly after I sliced it. I placed it into the fridge and went on a week long trip. I came home and my fridge had died. My cheesecave was fine, though. I cut no 2 a couple of weeks ago but it had a weird taste to it and I decided to ditch it (I didn't press it hard enough and it had a lot of holes in the middle).  Today I cut no 3 and it was fantastic. To be fair, I practiced on no 1 and no 2 with cheap milk so I wasn't too disappointed. But I understood that I'm still on a learning curve.

The taste was good, it has the good beginnings of a cheddary taste, as it was only aged for 3 and a half months. I definitely will remake this one again!

Cotswold no 3

Slicing the wheel in half

Slices for me and my roommate

I'm super happy with this guy. I feel like I'm re-living my childhood. And it's ready just in time for my dad's birthday and for a friend of mine who is leaving for a year. Now I have gifts for both of them.

Offline Raw Prawn

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 63
  • Default personal text
Re: Cotswold no 3 is a success!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 01:26:49 AM »
Nice looking cheese.
Have a cheese from me!
- Andrew