Author Topic: goganzola at three weeks  (Read 2948 times)

Sing_cheese

goganzola at three weeks
« on: January 14, 2009, 02:11:23 AM »
I made these about 3 weeks ago (dec 21).  Anyone have any similar experience with gorganzola? I am surprised by how blue they are.  As I do not have anything to go by I do not know if what I have is normal.  I just noticed that the light is not great in the pics I took last night. Will post anyway, and perhaps take a better pic this evening.

Gerrit

Likesspace

Re: goganzola at three weeks
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 02:57:17 AM »
Gerrit,
I wish I could be some help to you, but so far Gorgonzola is the cheese that scares me.
The fact of making two different curds on two different days has seemed too intimidating at this point.
I do plan on making one eventually (this is pretty much my favorite blue) and I might even give it a try before winter is over. Please keep us updated on this cheese with as many details as possible. I'll be watching this thread closely.

Dave

Sing_cheese

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 03:08:00 AM »
Dave,

When I get the time I will post the cheese log of this on our Urban Farmstead Singapore Cheese Adventures site (this is where I post the complete logs, comments etc.).  I have decent notes in the log book for this one, but I did not do much photo documentation for it.  Will let you know when it is up on the othre site and will post the link.

Gerrit

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 09:45:22 AM »
Dave, i'm with you having to make curds on two successive days, but then again I would get to make a 30 gallon batch as you're supposed to let the first batch sit.

That would be a big wheel. Maybe that 24" mold I told you about.

P.S. Gerrit, where on your blog is the gorgonzola? I couldn't find it. Thanks.

Sing_cheese

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 10:27:33 AM »
Not there yet as I must copy it out of my paper log book onto the site.  May get to it later tonight.

Gerrit

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 07:38:14 PM »
OK....were waiting! ;D