Author Topic: Member Locations In Virginia?  (Read 2057 times)

darius

Member Locations In Virginia?
« on: March 01, 2011, 08:02:37 PM »
Our locations are not listed with a post, unless one clicks on a name and goes to the details.

I'd love to know who else on this forum is near me in SW Virginia, but there's no search function on the Member List either.

Suggestions?

~darius

Cheese Head

Re: Member Locations In Virginia?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 01:12:36 AM »
Hi darius, good point, I wish everyone would fill in their Profile via the top menu button that way easier to answer questions if a person is in Korea or Indonesia or New Zealand or in SW Virginia.

The only idea I have is to post this question in the Geographic > USA > Virginia Board . . . good luck!

darius

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 01:40:02 AM »
Thanks. I did look at the geographic area... no posts at all so I assumed not widely read.

Dinerdish

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 01:00:57 PM »
Hi Darius,

I don't live in SW Va but I'm in Winchester, that's about as northwest in Va as you can get. A little bit of West Virginia is east of us! You also might be sort of close to people in North Carolina. I also am curious about anybody in the Mid-Adlantic area. It seems like a lot of the people I've corresponded with are West coast folks, which is one of the cool things about networking through this forum. But I do wonder about a more regional group to possibly get together with occasionally.

Dinerdish

darius

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 02:21:53 PM »
Thanks! I have seen some of your posts, and had noticed you are in Winchester. The Virginia line running parallel to the mountains is as long as Florida, so you are quite a distance from me.

I am about 50 miles from NC, TN and WV. There are 2 goat farmers/cheesemakers at one of our nearby farmer's markets but the market isn't open for the season for 2 more months. I haven't seen that they sell anything other than just fresh chevré but I also haven't inquired.

My interest in cheesemaking is fairly new, a spin-off from charcuterie.