Author Topic: Mun-chee Processed Cheese By DCI Making Recipe  (Read 5487 times)

McCreamy

Mun-chee Processed Cheese By DCI Making Recipe
« on: March 07, 2011, 03:17:22 PM »
Has anyone heard of Munchee cheese? I grew up with it in Chicago, and I remember loving it, and that it melted very well (over hot beefs - yum!). I now live in WI, and you would think that I would be able to find it, but I'm not. I am newer to cheese making (made a Colby, cheddar, I make curds quite a bit, mozzarella, cream cheese). I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for it? Or at least heard of it, and can give me more info on it?

linuxboy

Re: Mun-chee Processed Cheese By DCI Making Recipe
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 03:55:01 PM »
IIRC the company who makes this is DCI; they are in Wisconsin. Call them up and ask where you can buy it. I think it's a munster or munster derivative.

McCreamy

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 04:12:40 PM »
but you don't know if any recipes exist to make it at home? Thanks for the info, I will contact the company so that I can try it again to see if I'd still like it. That was a very quick reply!

linuxboy

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 04:26:30 PM »
IIRC, this is a processed cheese. I could give you a general recipe for making processed cheese, but each maker has individual tweaks. Plus, you'd need to use the same source materials as they do if you want the imitate the flavor. If you really crave it, it's easier to buy this one.

Cheese Head

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 08:16:53 PM »
Here's some info from US based DCI Cheese Company's website: http://www.dcicheeseco.com/CheeseType/?CheeseID=26925817447