Hi folks. This is my first attempt at making blue cheeses, and in this case they are of the soft variety. They're about 12 days old now, and were pierced on the 8th day. I must say, it's pretty exciting to see that first bloom of blue mould, and watch as it grows so quickly all over the cheese.
Anyway, the first photo below is of the standard soft blues. The second photo is of the two cheeses that I thought I might try spraying with a mix of Geo, white mould, and salt, to see if I could get a blue brie type thing happening. Well, it hasn't seemed to had much of an effect, as you can see. The blue mould is just taking over everything, and both batches look pretty much the same.
So a question I have: Should I re-pierce the cheese to make sure the blue mould inside the cheese is getting enough oxygen? And if so, should I try and re-pierce through the holes I've already made, or make new ones?