Author Topic: My legal cheese room  (Read 12012 times)

Tiffany

Re: My legal cheese room
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 11:58:50 PM »
nice room.  we just finished ours as well.  it falls more under commercial kitchen type than cheese room, but I use it to do my cheese.  I was told that it will make grade B standards if I want it to.  I would post photos.. but I dont know how.  LOL 
I do cheese classes in mine and can do about 4 people comfortabley moving around and cheesing.  We both lost our jobs a few years ago, and got into small dairy.   currently have 4 milkers and one first calf heifer for spring, and a couple steers.  I also have a couple Finn sheep that I milk, for a change of pace.  all this AND classes make for a decent income.  Pays the bills anyway. 
is that a pasturizer in the back of the room?   congrats on your beautiful room and I hope it gets LOTS and LOTS of use! 
Tif

bbracken677

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 12:44:46 AM »
Wow...I have a kitchen  lol   really nice room! 
One day I will have a more dedicated setup but for now, just have to keep using the family kitchen, sink and counters lol

Offline steffb503

• Catskill Mts, NY State, USA
  • Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 11
    • M & S Farm
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 01:28:36 PM »
Yes the vat doubles as a pasteurizer.
Seems as if I am in there everyday, oh wait I am in there everyday!

Tiffany

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 02:31:35 PM »
Do sell your cheese commertially?  Is that why you pasturize?  I hope to learn from you all about lincensing.  I would love to get that out of the way. 

Offline steffb503

• Catskill Mts, NY State, USA
  • Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 11
    • M & S Farm
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 06:09:08 PM »
Yes, In order to sell fresh cheese in NY it must be pasteurized. I also sell raw aged cheeses.