Author Topic: John's Homemade Pizza - 1/2 Queso Fresco & 1/2 Store Bought Shredded Cheese  (Read 4518 times)

Cheese Head

Our daughter #2 and I just made this for afternoon meal, my half has some of the Queso Fresco I made and faux scallops (strange combination but the faux scallops needed using up), her half has some store bought Kraft brand pre-shredded cheese >:( and pepperoni.

On the good news I have gotten her to start eating my homemade yogurt ;)

Queso Fresco didn't melt as well as should, still need to work on method.

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
A couple of things.

1. I agree I have problems with 30 mintue mozz melting like store bought does.
2. How are you baking you pizza I was under the impression that to make a true pizza you need at least 525 degrees?
3. What the hell are faux scallops?

Cheese Head

Carter, finally a picture and thus answer for you :)!

Thanks on temperature, I never new you were supposed to bake Pizza that high, guess I should read a recipe ::).

I mis-worded above, actually meant faux crab, where "faux" means "fake" in French and is pronounced as foe as in friend or foe, not like fox. It's my Canadian roots, I guess some words are different in Canada vs USA after all ;D. Then again there are a bunch of Louisianans around here in Houston that would know the term, my neighbor across the street is a Coonass from down the Bayou in S Louisiana and yes he has two nice big fishing boats that I am very envious of.

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
I'm not stupid John  ;D. I know what faux is but I never heard of faux scallops ...LOL but they don't exist you meant faux crab.

Cheese Head

Obviously not from all the great ideas and equipment you are making ;D. Sorry, cultural, thought maybe you didn't know the term, once had a Canadian friend who called something liks that fox _ _ _, so there are people out there that don't know that term, thus the more elaborate response.

LadyLiberty

Funny, I refer to Fox News as "Faux News"   ;D

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
Interesting I didn't realize they actually reported news? ;D

LadyLiberty

Interesting I didn't realize they actually reported news? ;D

Thus the "Faux".

I never watch it, I just catch clips on KO.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
I'm not stupid John  ;D. I know what faux is but I never heard of faux scallops ...LOL but they don't exist you meant faux crab.

Aren't faux scallops when they used punched skate?

makkonen

The Best Pizza Place in the Universe (by my reckoning), Modern Apizza in New Haven, CT, makes an imitation crabmeat pie.

It's not their best by a longshot. But it's still pretty tasty.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
New Haven has  some really good Italian food Period! I like their Sicilian style pies. Great looking pie Giovanni! Except for the crab meat I am allergic to shell fish.