Fourme d’Ambert Success, I think.

Started by CheeseSnipe, March 21, 2011, 04:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheeseSnipe

So I kinda forgot about babysitting this one for the last two weeks and during that time it decided to grow a furcoat. (its about 8-10 weeks old) To my shock my blue was now completely white and fluffy.  :o Not sure if that is normal or not because I have never tried Fourme d'Ambert to begin with.  I was able to unwrap it out of its skin very easily. The inside was almost completely white as well which I thought was odd considering how blue it was when I last checked on it. I cut it open and tried a few pieces. It was pretty darn good. Probably one of the best blues I've tried so far. (Rogue Smokey Blue probably holds the title still) I will definitely make another one of these soon. Any feedback on how this looks would be appreciated.

CheeseSnipe

Well I guess the votes are in. I hosted a party for Earth Hour last night and incorporated several of my cheeses into the assortment. Everyone loved the Fourme. I have another piece from the same batch that I scraped and am aging longer to see what happens.

9mmruger

Congratulations.  Did you remove the exterior skin for a purpose.  I eat mine!  :) 

CheeseSnipe

Normally I would eat the outside, but it had completely seperated from the cheese and was thick and rubbery. It's hard to tell in the pic but it was like cheese leather.