Author Topic: Fridge Malfunction for 24 hours  (Read 894 times)

Offline cheese_watcher

  • New Cheese
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Cheeses: 0
Fridge Malfunction for 24 hours
« on: January 05, 2009, 09:28:46 PM »
Hi, my fridge broke down and I didn't notice for 24 hours.  Wonder if the increase in temperature will be harmful to my cheese!  Thanks.


Guests, join the CheeseForum.org community to remove this ad.


Offline Cartierusm

  • Old Cheese
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,864
  • Cheeses: 17
Re: Fridge Malfunction for 24 hours
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 01:58:39 AM »
Probably not, unless the temp got real high. How high do you think the temp got in there?
Life is like a box of chocolates sometimes too much rennet makes you kill people.

Offline John (CH)

  • Old Cheese
  • *****
  • Location: Katy, Houston, Texas, USA
  • Posts: 4,069
  • Cheeses: 60
Re: Fridge Malfunction for 24 hours
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 05:16:47 AM »
Hi cheese_watcher and welcome to the forum.

I agree with Carter, I think a raised temp for ~24 hours isn't a big deal, more significantly is a significant raise in humidity resulting in surface mold, if your cheeses are unsealed.

Offline cheese_watcher

  • New Cheese
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Cheeses: 0
Re: Fridge Malfunction for 24 hours
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 07:21:44 AM »
I think the temp got up to about 65.  some of the cheese is sealed some is not, but the the unsealed cheese doesn't look any different than before.  Thanks for your replies. 

Offline Cartierusm

  • Old Cheese
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,864
  • Cheeses: 17
Re: Fridge Malfunction for 24 hours
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 01:17:52 PM »
No, no problem there. You're good to go.
Life is like a box of chocolates sometimes too much rennet makes you kill people.


Guests, join the CheeseForum.org community to remove this ad.