Author Topic: Shipping lipase without refrigiration, possible?  (Read 1531 times)

Tomer1

Shipping lipase without refrigiration, possible?
« on: April 01, 2011, 01:47:35 PM »
I cant find any locally ,I was thinking of supplying myself with some winemaking stuff (enzymes,yeast,fining agents,nuetrients) and on the way some mild and sharp lipase.
Its gone take 3-4 weeks to get to my fridge from canada.
He couldnt get a difinative answer from his supplier regarding potency lost during shipping above 8c ,
Anyone dealth with this situation?

MrsKK

Re: Shipping lipase without refrigiration, possible?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 06:13:25 PM »
If it is in powdered form and gets to you in just a few days, I don't think there should be any problem with it.

Tomer1

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 08:40:54 PM »
Accually its gone take a few weeks.
I got an answer from the supplier saying that as long as it doesnt reach high temp like 30-35c during this shipment it should be find and would not need compensation for lose of potency.
Since its still cold during this time of year I should be fine.

MrsKK

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 02:33:07 PM »
Where is this shipping from and to?  Maybe there is a source a bit closer to you.  If you post your location maybe someone can help you get your supplies more efficiently.

Tomer1

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 02:34:43 PM »
Canada to israel.
I could get it from england maybe and get it sooner but the shipping is the same and I would rather stack up for the next vintage with some winestuff while Im at it.

MrsKK

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 02:59:16 PM »
Okay, I was thinking you needed it shipped to Canada.  Yeah, you'll probably want to avoid ordering temp sensitive items in the summer time for sure.