Author Topic: Brisbane Cheese Awards - Sunday, 5 June 2011  (Read 2677 times)

Gouldie

Brisbane Cheese Awards - Sunday, 5 June 2011
« on: April 11, 2011, 11:22:47 PM »
Hi Everyone

For those who might be interested, I found this website with info regarding a big cheese "Do" on at Hamilton Wharf in June this year - 2011.  I think this would be great to see what's availably locally, plus see and taste different cheese - might give a few ideas of different ones to try to make.

Website is listed below, and info cut an pasted from the website is shown with highlights.

http://www.brisbanecheeseawards.com.au/

Queensland’s largest and most successful cheese festival is on again - the Brisbane Cheese Awards Industry Day (June 3) and People’s Day (June 5).
Thousands of dollars worth of free cheese to be tasted, given away, eaten and enjoyed!
The day will include award-winning cheeses from the Brisbane Cheese Awards, held on Friday.

Entry of $10 per adult includes...

FREE cheese tastings
FREE education sessions with Will Studd of Cheese Slices
FREE education sessions with industry experts
Announcement of Champion Cheese
Lord Mayor's Cup and Best Queensland Cheese of 2011
Announcement of the Home Cheesemaker Awards winners

You can also enjoy...

Live Music
Cheese sales at individual stalls
Beverages
Condiments/biscuits for sale
Converse with the cheese producers
Master Classes – matching beer with cheese - Cost $25 entry fee
Gourmet food from Portside Wharf restaurants for sale. 

The first 150* through the door get a FREE Divine Dairy Organic Biodynamic Feta – the latest offering from Udder Delights. (*limit 1 cheese per couple)

Ken

Re: Brisbane Cheese Awards - Sunday, 5 June 2011
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 12:57:25 AM »
Thanks Gouldie, I have just discovered what I will be doing on the 5 June.

jo1973

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 08:52:43 AM »
Hi,

I am new to cheesemaking and am in Sydney.  How do I find out if there are cheese awards here?

Thanks.

Tea

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »
So Ken did you end up going?   My husband and I flew in for the day.  Came away with a lot of cheese, but saddly missed the actual cheese awards, as there were held at a separate venue, which I didn't realise until too late.  Was really disappointed as this was what I was mainly going down for.

Anyway, if I can find a way to transport a cheese, I might look at going again next year.  All in all I thought it was a great day.