Author Topic: Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies  (Read 1399 times)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
« on: April 16, 2011, 07:40:51 PM »
I am not a big fan of cookies except for soft homemade cookies but I do enjoy chocolate chip cookies and bisscotti. I found this recipe a while back and finally got around to making it. It was posted somewhere from a chocolate chip cookie contest and it caught my eye becuase it used ice cream in the mix. I love it and will be making them this way from now on - they do stay soft forever! The only thing I changed from the original recipe was to add nuts and I used 1/4 cup less brown sugar.

Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 sticks softened butter
1 Cup granulated sugar
3/4 Cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 Tablespoons pure vanilla
Heaping 1/2 Cup vanilla ice cream (frozen from container)
4 Cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 bag chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a stand or electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy.  Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.  Add in ice cream until combined.
2.  Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix.  Add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips; mix until just combined.  With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are cooked through.  Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack. 3-4 dozen cookies

Just to show you the soft texture I sliced through one of the cookies several hours after they were made.

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
Re: Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 12:56:19 AM »
Thanks, Debi. They sound and look very tasty.

Another recipe to try in the file.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.