It did a sort of soft set after about 2 hours. I was able to get probably half the yield of curds I was expecting. I was able to do the milling/salting, pressed over night and it held together nicely.
I've learned that I need a better way of learning temperature maintenance. It was really varied with the water bath. Seemed there could be a 5 degree temperature difference in various areas of the milk, sometimes more than that. I think it was too warm when I put in the mesophilic culture too. Even when I was getting ready to slowly raise the temp to 100, I started off at 94 degrees.
I'm anxious to see the final product though, hopefully it's edible! I took some pics, I'll upload them tomorrow.
All in all, I am surprised that it is not that difficult to do, just requires some learning and patience.