Author Topic: Chilipepper's Cheese #008 - Camembert  (Read 7403 times)

chilipepper

Re: Chilipepper's Cheese #008 - Camembert
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 09:31:44 PM »
6.5 week update: I opened one of these as my patience was totally exhausted and I had to know what was going on in there.  Oh how pleasing of an experience it was.  They were still a little young and will certainly benefit from a couple of additional weeks in the cave.  They are in the way back and temps have been between 40 and 42 degrees.  Even though the texture was still developing, the flavor, oh the flavor!  I could have eaten the whole thing right there!  It had a very nice 'Camembert' flavor with nice earthy (mushroom) flavors!  I'm totally sold on this one!

I just received another 7 gallons of raw milk yesterday and I'm thinking at least half of that will go to more Camemberts and maybe a Stilton.

Likesspace

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 01:37:45 AM »
Ryan..
That is REALLY looking nice! Really nice!
Also, I know exactly what you mean about the flavor.
I've always liked camembert, but once I tasted one of my own, that had aged properly, the flavor just absolutely explodes on the tongue!
Congrats on this success.
I can't wait to hear your thoughts (and seeing some more pics) after you give one another two to three weeks of aging!

Dave

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 08:01:48 AM »
Good job. Looks good. If I can get my cave up and running this week I'll be making some.

saycheese

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 12:15:36 AM »
Chili,
The camembert looks terrific!  Too bad we don't have a way to taste it online.  Yum!  Great job!!