Author Topic: Looking for non-UP dairy products in WV  (Read 1721 times)

kateskitchen

Looking for non-UP dairy products in WV
« on: December 26, 2010, 04:21:40 PM »
Just bought two of my siblings some kits to make cheese, and they are having a hard time locating a source for milk that isn't ultra-pasteurized. Can anyone point them in the right direction? They live in zip code 26301, Clarksburg, which is about 35 minutes south of Morgantown. Thanks!

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
Re: Looking for non-UP dairy products in WV
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 04:58:14 PM »
Haven't done a mapquest to see how far any of these are, but New England Cheesemaking has a "good milk" list by state, with short descriptions of the type of milk process.  WV has only one listing, unfortunately - but with another, perhaps it's a start?

- Paul

MrsKK

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 02:04:31 PM »
As far as Wisconsin goes, that list is horribly outdated, as the sale of raw milk and raw milk products was made illegal almost three years ago.  Hopefully we will be able to get that turned around in short order!

I just went back to look at that page and discovered it is from the WestonPrice Foundation.  Curious for when it was posted, I couldn't find a date, then I clicked on Refresh and wa-la! all listings for the state of Wisconsin disappeared.

Sailor Con Queso

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 03:54:57 PM »
Every grocery store has milk that is not UP. Some of it is still over processed so you will have to try different brands and see what works. FYI almost all "organic" milk is UP.