Author Topic: Milk Homogenizers  (Read 2875 times)

Gustav

Milk Homogenizers
« on: May 12, 2011, 09:36:49 PM »
Does anyone know where I can buy a milk homogenizer in south africa?

MrsKK

Re: Milk Homogenizers
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:18:15 PM »
Why would you want to homogenize it?

Gustav

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 04:47:00 AM »
I want to supply restaurants with dairy products, including milk, but I want to homogenize it. If you dont, the cream seperates & the staff
don't mix the milk, hence scooping off the cream just to have the manager phone & say that there is water in the milk. (no water)..

I want to buy a pasteurizer, sachet machine & homogenizer.

coffee joe

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 10:41:22 AM »
I'm sure these guys here in Brazil will be happy to ship to South Africa.
This is the unit I'm going with. If you need help PM me

http://www.sumaind.com.br/miniusina_leite.htm

http://mectec.webnode.com/

MrsKK

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 02:00:21 PM »
Ah, I see.  Good luck with that.  Sorry I have no answers for you!

iratherfly

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 08:39:41 PM »
Actually, being creamline non-homogenized milk can be a great selling factor. It's milk as it was in old times and closer to nature. Some also believe it is healthier because the fat particles in cow's milk are too thick for human digestion in their normal size, but after homogenization it would be small enough for humans to digest, which is a bad thing.

I would give a a few restaurateurs a try and ask them if they would be interested in such unique product. It's cheaper for you to make and you can sell it for more than homogenized milk.  I live in New York City and this is a growing trend now. I personally think it is far more tasty.  The only failure of this milk is if you try frothing it for making Cappuccino or Latte; it's just not as good in developing foam.

Gustav

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 04:56:39 AM »
That's the main problem. The milk isn't foaming like it should.
We had restaurants in the past that dont want milk if it doesn't froth & I understand why.
Just imagine a restaurant with rushtime & the milk won't froth. Bad news.

But here in SA people arn't bothered so much about homogenised milk, it's all about hte price.