Author Topic: Anybody else from SA on the board?  (Read 4027 times)

edgewing

Anybody else from SA on the board?
« on: May 20, 2011, 09:48:01 AM »
Hi,

I'm from down in the South of Adelaide and am interested to see if anybody else here is from SA.

Thanks
David

Tiddlypom

Re: Anybody else from SA on the board?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 09:22:35 AM »
hi David
Just found this site today and sitting here with the wind blowing and rain pouring outside, happily browsing. I'm south of Adelaide too. Had a bit of a try with cheese before now but not for a while (all my starters and rennet are well out of date...) and I make yoghurt all the time. Thinking of having another go some time soon!

Elaine

edgewing

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 02:05:42 AM »
Hi Elaine,

Great to see you hear. Would be nice to have somebody else to commiserate with when my cheese turns out more like concrete or a dairy drink instead of what it should do. Will be getting started this week so looking forward to it.

Be nice to keep in touch.

Ciao for now
David

Tiddlypom

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 02:43:49 AM »
Happy to meet up some time :)
I've been trying out my old outdated supplies. Rennet set a junket beautifully, but I think the only starter that's still good is a thermophilic from when I tried camembert (it failed when we had no power for 10 days about a year ago so the bar fridge got too warm for it while maturing!). Where have you got your supplies from and what are you planning to make? I'm toying with ideas right now but may try and create a simple cheese press first...

Also, have you worked out what milk's best? I would just LOVE an excuse to join the cowshare system - at Willunga I think - to get raw milk  ::)

edgewing

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 02:46:29 AM »
Would be nice to catch up, would love to know more about the cowshare setup. Sounds a great idea, I had been thinking about it but didn't know it already existed here. I'll PM my contact details.

Chicken man

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 07:41:45 AM »
Hi Guys!
I'm from SA also.
Just waiting on some stock to come from cheeselinks so i can get stuck into some big parmies
Cheers
Ian

Moredsir

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 03:01:00 AM »
Hi all, I'm in western Adelaide.

Have been making Camembert style cheese reasonably successfully though hardly perfect, and now looking to try a blue, probably Stilton style.

My next real goal is to find good quality milk at a better price than the supermarket, eg. dairy direct would be nice.

Gavin