Author Topic: MOF (Meilleurs Ouvriers de France [Best Craftsmen of France])  (Read 5296 times)

Oude Kaas

Not sure where to post this, but check this out. And be sure to click on this and then this.

Cheese Head

Re: MOF (Meilleurs Ouvriers de France [Best Craftsmen of France])
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 02:04:43 PM »
Oude Kaas, thanks for links to French Professional Fromager Magazine's website's article on Fromager competition, certainly a big audience!

I've downloaded and uploaded a few of my favorite pics below. Mon francaise est tres rusty, it's a shame they don't publish their magazine in English.

Sorry some pics are small, have to go to their website to see large, I especially like the stacked blues!

Oude Kaas

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 01:11:00 AM »
John, my pleasure. I took out a subscription to this magazine a few months ago. I am brushing up my French.

iratherfly

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 04:59:59 AM »
Oh my! This is fantastic! Thanks! There are a few cheese contests and trade shows out there that are worth looking into, but this is the first I see where they actually get creative with crafting cheese displays out of other cheese.  Made me feel like eating Comte now.

Helen

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 04:16:52 PM »
In France, you have something called gastronomic fairs... each city has their own. And in each of them, local artisans will work together to create a huge food sculpture. Fascinating results even though every time I am reminded of my mom telling me not to play with my food.

In the same spirit, there is the chocolate fair where they actually make clothing out of chocolate.

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 05:30:10 PM »
... every time I am reminded of my mom telling me not to play with my food.

Beautiful sentiment, Helen.  I agree with your mom.  La cuisine, c'est quand les choses ont le goût de ce qu'elles sont
- Paul

So Cheese

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 01:36:27 PM »
Hi, everybody

Sorry John, if our magazine Profession fromager is only in French  ;) We created a new on-line magazine and there are some articles in english. You'll find a dedicated section to the beautiful cheese presentations : http://www.socheese.fr/en-scene/

It can maybe interest you !

The Profession fromager's team

iratherfly

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 05:20:07 AM »
Merci beaucoup!

Chris K

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 09:49:40 PM »
Thanks for sharing!