Author Topic: My New Rocket Cheese Press  (Read 7383 times)

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
Re: My New Rocket Cheese Press
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 06:08:49 PM »
phweeep(<that sound you make with your mouth to indicate "yeah right") Past midnight, I got a heater last yeat so I don't have to leave the shop at all. Now only if I had a bathroom out there...any yes before anyone asks I'm single...my girlfriend lives in SF and only stays on the weekends.

My garge is solid but old. My house was built in 1931 or so, so the garage was probably built in the 50's and whoever did it sucked. They built the frame right on a foundation slab. A slab without any rails so whenever the asphlat was put in made it so the sole plate is directly on the ground and will eventually rot away. I'm amazed it hasn't already. So that's my excuse for building a new one in the next year or two. I think 2009 will be the year to redo everything once and for all. The new shop will be super-sweet. Bathroom, of course (every king needs a throne...lol) a totally tiled room just for making wine and cheese (I don't have to worry about spillage, just hose the entire thing down), 2 rooms to separate my woodworking tools from my machining tools, an upstair office, a guest room and a clean room for assembly and such....well that's the dream...might make my head explode. One of my acting teachers/consultants in hollywood was Janis Joplins Manager in the beginning and the one thing she wanted most was to be the greatest female rock singer. During her last album she was actually clean and sober then when it was released the newspapers said exactly what she wanted, that she was the greatest female rock singer. Two weeks later she was dead...so the moral of the story is never aim too low; always aim too high because if you hit your mark you might be left with that "what am I supposed to do now". Always have something to archive.

Wheeew I'm glad we were able to have this little talk....LOL

wharris

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 06:19:48 PM »
I have decided to live vicariously through Cartierusm.

Tea

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 08:15:21 PM »
lol you pair, thanks for the laugh.

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 05:03:56 AM »
Thank you ... thank you. I would bow but I would probably fall over and then where would we be...dead. Ok, so I've noticed on THIS forum I start a lot of posts with "OK" I'll try to stop.

I decided lugging that huge cheese press into my house was stupid. So I spent all day building a new compact model, before you say anything Tea I haven't named it yet, maybe I'll have a contest to name it. Anyhoo I will still keep the other cheese press for when I do 50-80 pound wheels in a 5 gallon bucket. The new one has a coat of epoxy on the trim and I should be able to assemble it tomorrow and I'll post pics of that.

chilipepper

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 04:29:12 AM »
Carter, did you ever get the opportunity to use this big kahuna??  It sure is impressive!

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 05:43:46 AM »
No, I put it with the rest of my old restaurant equipment behind the shop. I was way too big, that's what lead me to design the current models, Cheese Press #2 which Dave now owns, and Cheese Press #3 which has undergone major changes, such as a tilting mechanism so you don't have to flip the cheese outside of the mold.

chilipepper

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 02:55:36 PM »
That's a shame cause damn does that look cool!  Maybe try a watermelon or something ala Gallagher!  Better wait until you get that new video camera.