Author Topic: 15 Gallon Batch Parmesan  (Read 7361 times)

Tea

Re: 15 Gallon Batch Parmesan
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 08:41:55 PM »
Yes I realise that a cow is cliche, but a bee??  To me it denotes that there is honey or some such product in the produce, which obviously there isn't.  How about a clover leaf of a thistle flower which denote a pasture then?  I don't know, a bee just doesn't seem right   ???

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 09:36:04 PM »
LOL, i'll take that into consideration. I could do a side profile of me.

Tea

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 10:29:52 PM »
I could do a side profile of me.

That's it!!  That's the one that got my vote.  So lets see it then.  lol

Cheese Head

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 11:24:11 PM »
Face or whole body ;D?

Another idea is your avatar of your dog?

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 11:57:06 PM »
See Tea great minds do think alike, CH I was thinking that too awhile ago, but I like uniformity and I use the bee for all my eating stuff I make.

Likesspace

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 02:51:05 AM »
Okay, here's my vote....
Put the St. Louis Cardinals "STL" emblem on your cheese. You can't go wrong with the red birds.
If that's not to your liking how about the St. Louis Blues "Blue Note". Another good choice.
If that doesn't work for you, you could use the St. Louis Rams emblem but after how they played this year you might just want to find a graphic of a lamb and use it instead. :-)
If none of these sound good, I will throw out the only Illinois team that I like: The Fighting Illini of Champaign Urbana. How can you NOT like that choice??

Dave

Cheese Head

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 03:32:36 AM »
OK lets get this thread back on topic.

Carter, any pics of and how has the brining been going with your bad boy that you imaginatively named "Parmesan #5"?

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 08:08:40 AM »
Why was that Parmesan #5 imaginative, it's the truth...or did I miss something. Anyway I'll take pics tomorrow when I'm making 15 Gallon Parmesan Batch #6. I took SayCheese's advice and bought some Bayview Farms Milk at Lucky's. SayCheese, Lucky had it on sale for $2.50 a gallon, they also carry Berkeley farms (expensive) and Sunnyside (which I think is the same dairy as Bayview). Although you said you didn't seem to need Calcium Chloride in it I'm going to use it anyway, I might try another parmesan with the same milk and no calcium and note the results and see if I notice any difference. I'll start a new thread in the Parm section or as I like to call it, Home.

Cheese Head

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 11:59:38 AM »
Nope cheese wasn't imaginative, I was trying to be sarcastic that you hadn't given your huge cheese a more interesting name than "Parmesan #5".

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 07:31:24 PM »
Oh, you meant George....LOL I know I'm weird but that would be over the top if I started naming them. Remember once you name them it's harder to get rid of them.