Author Topic: Hygrometer - Remote Sensor(s)  (Read 1391 times)

Offline george13

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 5
Hygrometer - Remote Sensor(s)
« on: June 13, 2011, 07:44:24 PM »
can someone recommend a humidity meter that perhaps has a wired sensor which can be placed in a refrigerator while the indicating unit remains outside.  I saw a couple on Amazon, but was curious as to cheese making specific experiances before buying.
Thank you

DeepSix

Re: Hygrometer - Remote Sensor(s)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 07:50:14 AM »
I bought this model:

http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Scientific-BAR208HGA-Advanced-Weather/dp/B002JM0DEK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308037419&sr=8-1

I love it because i was able to purchase two additional sensors for a total of three to keep tabs on three aging environments that I have set up.  I built the first two for charcuterie and the third one is for cheese.  Each environment has a different temperature and humidity so this one head unit manages all of them.  The only down side to me is that only one is on display at a time si I have to toggle through them if I want to see the others.

I have the whole chamber thing pretty dialed (that is about the only thing) if you would like assistance.  It took me a ton of research to figure it out but now mine run perfectly.

Thanks,

Jason

Offline george13

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 5
Re: Hygrometer - Remote Sensor(s)
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 05:36:54 PM »
Thanks Jason,  It appears to be a good instrument and a very good deal, I'll check it out.
George