Author Topic: Patching a puncture  (Read 1034 times)

Gustav

Patching a puncture
« on: June 23, 2011, 05:00:21 PM »
I made an emmenthaler & it needs to go to the heated room in 3 days, but I noticed that it started swelling already. I was afraid thar the rind would burst, so I painted the cheese with plastic emultion. after about 8 coats, I noticed a small leak. about the size of a pin prick as it bubbles when I painted over it, so I places a small piece of plastic wrapping over it & sealed the plastic onder the emultion. It seems to work though. I will post a pic. ::)

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
Re: Patching a puncture
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 02:00:15 PM »
I made an emmenthaler & it needs to go to the heated room in 3 days, but I noticed that it started swelling already. I was afraid thar the rind would burst, so I painted the cheese with plastic emultion. after about 8 coats, I noticed a small leak. about the size of a pin prick as it bubbles when I painted over it, so I places a small piece of plastic wrapping over it & sealed the plastic onder the emultion. It seems to work though. I will post a pic. ::)
Sounds like you're patching a bicycle tire.  ;)

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

Gustav

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 03:03:42 PM »
LOL. It's very similar. LAst night it puffed up & looked like a zit that's ready to pop at any time.
But this morning it went down. Maybe it leaked. But if I paint a liquid over it it isn't bubbling anymore.

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 05:28:56 AM »
 :o  Wow, a picture really does say a thousand words!!  :o

Nice pics.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.