Author Topic: Through the Looking Glass.  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
Through the Looking Glass.
« on: January 12, 2009, 08:35:50 AM »
Dam I should have bought glass door refrigertors so I can watch my cheese without opening the door.

I might hook up a spare webcam I have to the inside of the Blue cheese cave so you all can watch it progress. Also the webcam has a time lapse function. The problem is getting light into the cave without heat. Also some molds don't like the light.

Cheese Head

Re: Through the Looking Glass.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 12:21:02 PM »
Ha, OK you could use a low heat generating LED type light?

So you are thinking down the lines of the famous April 2007's Cheddarvision (see two links)?

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 06:28:17 PM »
Probably not, I've got enough stuff to do without having to do more stuff. But it was an idea.

chilipepper

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 12:18:28 AM »
You could use something like one of these wild game cameras  This one saves to SD card but some will actually upload through wifi to a web server.  It has a flash so heat wouldn't be an issue and you really don't need video as you don't need that much data... it would be pretty boring video.  ::)

Tea

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 09:01:20 PM »
Carter I have an old commercial fridge downstairs that isn't working at the moment that has glass doors.  That is one of the main reasons that I am reluctant to get rid of it, as you can see how things are going without having to open doors.
Having a machanic look at it to see whether it is worth saving or not.

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 09:35:17 PM »
Usually there not hard to fix, but people charge a lot for them. Probably just needs the coolant changed.