Sorry for the delay Salty. I don't get on here as often as I used to.
1. I used dried although I'm sure as long as your herbs are clean you could use fresh, but fresh requires move and might add a fiber quality to the cheese where as dried can be crushed to dust.
2. Ratio is really up to you and how long you are going to let it sit before eating. I have found 2-3 days is perfect. Any sooner and the flavor is just on the outside (if coated vs. mixing). And after a week + it gets too strong and overpowering.
3. For the sun dried I used 3 or 4 small dried tomatoes for 1/4 pound and it was way more than enough. I would say a tablespoon or two for a pound. I found it was best to mix more favorable to the basil than tomato.
4. For Salt and Pepper I was using hickory smoked sea salt for a smokey spicy twist. I just added the relative amount the base recipe called for instead of using cheese or kosher salt. I used lots of large cracked peppercorns, much like you would coat a burger. This one takes some time to soften up the peppercorns and too many was not a good thing.
5. I buy all my spices from Savory Spice Shop. They have great stuff and do their own blends and onsite grinding and mixing. They ship too. savoryspiceshop.com
Hope that helps!