Author Topic: Thermometer - Holder  (Read 2638 times)

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
Thermometer - Holder
« on: January 14, 2009, 09:49:46 PM »
So I was sick of my thermometer probe dancing all over the place in the milk. Especially when it touched the side of the vat as it then picks up that temp. So I used Loc Line used for this sort of stuff, I have a ton of it in my shop becasue it's used in directing coolant to parts of the machines.

Cheese Head

Re: Thermometer - Holder
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 11:41:43 PM »
Looks neat, I probably missed it in another post, what do you have the temp probes hooked up to, some sort of controller for pump or heater?

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 12:21:35 AM »
Oh, since I've been making wine and other things forever I have a laboratory grade thermometer handheld which has two input for K style thermocouples. I have stainless steel probes. One in the milk and one in the boiler water to monitor temps.

Likesspace

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 01:26:36 AM »
To paraphrase Jack Nicholson in the first Batman movie: "Where does he get all of these cool toys?"

sodaelvis

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 04:52:15 PM »
I've been looking into using a digital thermometer controller that would maintain the milk's temperature during the culturing process.  Is that what you're doing?  I have only seen such a thing on homebrewing sites (I don't brew) but it seems logical.

This is the product I was looking at:  http://www.americanbrewmaster.com/product_info.php?products_id=531

I've been seeking a mechanical solution to maintaining appropriate temperatures because I find surrounding a pot in the kitchen sink with hot water to be an antiquated and imperfect method.  And when I asked the cheesmaking.com folks they said that was the best way.  But there's got to be something better.

Help!?

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 08:16:50 AM »
Are you the one that PMed me? If so did I answer all your questions?